Islam -- Practice in the United States
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Islam in the United States.
· Haddad, Yvonne Yazbeck and Smith, Jane Idleman. Muslim Communities in North America. State University of New York Press, 1994.
· McCloud, Aminah Beverly. African American Islam. Routledge, 1995.
· Smith, Jane. Islam in America. Columbia University, 1999.
· Austin, Allan. African Muslims in Antebellum America. Routledge, 1997.
· Diouf, S. Servants of Allah. NYU Press, 1998.
· Metcaff, B. Making Muslim Space. UC Press, 1996.
· Abu-Laban, Baha, Qureshi, Regula, and Waugh, Earle H. The Muslim Community in North America. University of Alberta Press, 1983.
· Barboza, Steven. American Jihad: Islam after Malcolm X. Doubleday, 1994.
· Haddad, Yvonee Yazbeck. The Muslims of America. Oxford University Press, 1991.
· Haddad, Yvonne Yazbeck. Islamic Values in the United States. Oxford University Press, 1987.
· Judy, Ronald, Dis-forming the American Cannon, University of Minnesota Press, 1993.
· Kahera, Akel. Deconstructing the American Mosque: Space, Gender and Aesthetics. University of Texas Press, 2002.
· Kahera, A., and Abdul-Malik, Latif. "Designing the American Mosque," Islamic Horizons, Sept.-Oct. 1996, 40-41.
· Haider, Gulzar. "Brother in Islam, Please Draw us a Mosque: Muslims in the West: A Personal Account," in Expressions of Islam in Buildings, The Aga Khan Trust for Culture, Proceedings of an International Seminar held in Jakarta and Yogyakarta, 15-19 October 1990, 155-66.
· Kahera, Akel Ismail. "Image, Text and Form: Complexities of Aesthetics in an American Masjid," Studies in Contemporary Islam, Vol. 1 No. 2 1999, 73-85.
· Khalidi, Omar, "Approaches to Mosque Design in North America" in Muslims on the Americanization Path, Yvonne Haddad and John Esposito, Scholars Press, 1998, 399-424.
"The Infography about Practice of Islam in the United States"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA