Lincoln, Abraham (1809-1865)
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is U.S. President Abraham Lincoln.
· Basler, Roy P., ed. The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln (Rutgers University Press, 1953-55).
· Cox, LaWanda. Lincoln and Black Freedom: A Study in Presidential Leadership (University of South Carolina Press, 1981).
· Donald, David H. Lincoln (Simon and Schuster, 1995).
· Forgie, George B. Patricide in the House Divided: A Psychological Interpretation of Lincoln and His Age (W.W. Norton, 1979).
· Oates, Stephen B. With Malice toward None: The Life of Abraham Lincoln (Harper and Row, 1977).
· Peterson, Merrill D. Lincoln in American Memory (Oxford University Press, 1994).
· Boritt, Gabor, ed. The Lincoln Enigma: The Changing Faces of an American Icon (Oxford University Press, 2001).
· Burlingame, Michael. The Inner World of Abraham Lincoln (University of Illinois Press, 1994).
· Lincoln, Abraham. The Gettysburg Address (Library of Congress). http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/gadd/
· McPherson, James M. Abraham Lincoln and the Second American Revolution (Oxford University Press, 1991).
· Nevin, Allan, ed. Lincoln and the Gettysburg Address: Commemorative Papers (University of Illinois Press, 1964).
· Paludan, Phillip Shaw. The Presidency of Abraham Lincoln (University Press of Kansas, 1994).
· Randall, James G. Lincoln, the President (Dodd, Mead, 1945-55).
· Strozier, Charles B. Lincoln's Quest for Union: Public and Private Meanings (Basic Books, 1982).
· Wills, Garry. Lincoln at Gettysburg: The Words That Remade America (Simon and Schuster, 1992).
"The Infography about U.S. President Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA