United States -- Central Intelligence Agency
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the Central Intelligence Agency.
· Cram, Cleveland C. Of Moles and Molehunters: A Review of Counterintelligence Literature, 1977-1992, An Intelligence Monograph. Washington, DC: Center for the Study of Intelligence, Central Intelligence Agency, 1993.
· Kessler, Ronald. Inside the CIA: Revealing the Secrets of the World's Most Powerful Spy Agency. Pocket Books, 1992.
· The Literature of Intelligence: A Bibliography of Materials, with Essays, Reviews, and Comments. Central Intelligence Agency/Table of Contents http://intellit.muskingum.edu/cia_folder/ciatoc.html
· Powers, Thomas. The Man Who Kept the Secrets: Richard Helms and the CIA. Knopf, 1979. London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1980. [pb] Pocket Books, 1981.
· U.S. Congress. Senate. Select Committee to Study Governmental Operations with Respect to Intelligence Activities. Final Report. 94th Cong., 2d sess. S. Report No. 94-755, 6 vols. Washington, DC: GPO, 1976. [Church Committee report.] Vol I: Foreign and Military Intelligence; Vol II: Intelligence Activities and the Rights of Americans; Vol III: Supplemental Detailed Staff Reports on Intelligence and the Rights of Americans; Vol IV: Supplemental Detailed Staff Reports on Intelligence and Military Intelligence; Vol. V: The Investigation of the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy--Performance of the Intelligence Agencies; Vol VI: Supplemental Reports on Intelligence Activities.
· Westerfield, H. Bradford, ed. Inside CIA's Private World: Declassified Articles from the Agency's Internal Journal, 1955-1992. Yale University Press, 1995.
· Andrew, Christopher. For the President's Eyes Only: Secret Intelligence and the American Presidency from Washington to Bush. HarperCollins, 1995.
· Central Intelligence Agency https://www.cia.gov/
· Federation of American Scientists http://www.fas.org/irp/
· Hood, William, James Nolan, and Sam Halpern. Myths Surrounding James Angleton: Lessons for American Counterintelligence. Working Group on Intelligence Reform. Washington, DC: Consortium for the Study of Intelligence, 1993.
· Johnson, Loch K. America's Secret Power: The CIA in a Democratic Society. Oxford University Press, 1989. [pb] 1991.
· Johnson, William R. "Clandestinity and Current Intelligence." Studies in Intelligence 20, No. 3 (Fall 1976): 15-69.
· Loyola Home Page on Strategic Intelligence http://www.loyola.edu/dept/politics/intel.html
· Martin, David C. Wilderness of Mirrors. Harper and Row, 1980. [pb] Ballantine Books, 1981.
· Murphy, David E., Sergei A. Kondrashev, and George Bailey. Battleground Berlin: CIA vs. KGB in the Cold War. Yale University Press, 1997.
"The Infography about the United States Central Intelligence Agency"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA