Libraries -- Future
The following sources are recommended by a librarian whose research specialty is the future of libraries.
· Balas, Janet I. "Will There Be Libraries to Visit in Our Future?" Computers in Libraries 22, no. 9 (Oct. 2002): 41-42, 44.
· Crawford, Walt, and Michael Gorman. Future Libraries: Dreams, Madness, and Reality. American Library Association, 1995.
· Erikson, Rolf, and Carolyn Markuson. Designing a School Library Media Center for the Future. American Library Association, 2001.
· LaGuardia, Cheryl, and Barbara A. Mitchell. Finding Common Ground: Creating the Library of the Future without Diminishing the Library of the Past. Neal-Schuman, 1998.
· Shuman, Bruce A. Beyond the Library of the Future: More Alternative Futures for the Public Library. Libraries Unlimited, 1997.
· The Future's in the Balance: A Tool Kit for Libraries and Communities in the Digital Age. Benton Foundation. http://www.benton.org/publibrary/future-balance/toolkit.pdf
· A Space for the Future: Library Buildings in the 21st Century. Conference Proceedings, June 2-3, 2002, Helsinki, Finland.
· Billings, Harold. Magic and Hypersystems: Constructing the Information-Sharing Library. American Library Association, 2002.
· Bloch, R. Howard. Future Libraries. University of California Press, 1995.
· Lancaster, F. Wilfrid. Libraries and the Future: Essays on the Library in the Twenty-First Century. Haworth, 1993.
· Morris, Jeff. "The College Library in the New Age." University Business (Oct. 2002): 25-29.
"The Infography about the Future of Libraries"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA