English Language -- South Africa
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is English dialects.
· De Klerk, Vivian, ed. Focus on South Africa. Benjamins, 1996.
· De Villiers, Andre, ed. English-Speaking South Africa Today: Proceedings of the National Conference, July 1974. Oxford University Press and Settlers National Monument Foundation, 1976.
· Lanham, L.W. The Pronunciation of South African English: A Phonetic-Phonemic Introduction. Balkema, 1967.
· Lanham, L.W., and C.A. MacDonald. The Standard in South African English and Its Social History. Groos, 1979.
· Mesthrie, Rajend. English in Language Shift: The History, Structure, and Sociolinguistics of South African Indian English. Cambridge University Press, 1994.
· Smit, Ute. A New English for a New South Africa? Language Attitudes, Language Planning, and Education. Braumuller, 1996.
"The Infography about the English Language in South Africa"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA