Music Therapy for the Elderly
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is music therapy for the elderly.
· Clair, Alicia Ann. (1996). Therapeutic uses of music with older adults. Health Professions Press.
· Bright, Ruth. (1972). Music in geriatric care. Melville, NY: Belwin-Mills Publishing.
· Bright, Ruth. (1981). Practical planning in music therapy for the aged. Musicgraphics.
· Hanser, Suzanne. (1990). Music therapy strategy for depressed older adults in the community. Journal of Applied Gerontology, 9, 283-298.
· Douglas, Donna. (1985). Accent on rhythm: Music activities for the aged, 3rd ed. MMB Music.
· Shaw, Joan. (1993). The joy of music in maturity. MMB Music.
· Chavin, M. (1991). The lost chord: Reaching the person with dementia through the power of music. Eldersong Publications.
· Clair, A.A. and Berstein, B. (1990a). A comparison of singing, vibrotactile and nonvibrotactile instrumental playing responses in severely regressed persons with dementia of the Alzheimer's type. Journal of Music Therapy, 27, 119-125.
· Clair, A.A. and Berstein, B. (1990b). A preliminary study of music therapy programming for severely regressed persons with Alzheimer's type dementia. Journal of Applied Gerontology, 9, 299-311.
"The Infography about Music Therapy for the Elderly"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA