Prehistoric Peoples -- America
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is paleontology in the Americas.
· Brian Fagan, The Great Journey: The Peopling of Ancient America. (University Press of Florida, 2004).
· Tom D. Dillehay, The Settlement of the Americas: A New Prehistory. (Basic Books, 2000).
· Robson Bonnichsen, Who Were the First Americans? Proceedings of the 58th Annual Biology Colloquium, Oregon State University. (Center for the Study of the First Americans, Oregon State University, 1999).
· David J. Meltzer, Search for the First Americans. (St. Remy Press and Smithsonian Institution Press, 1993).
· Johanna Nichols, Linguistic Diversity in Space and Time. (University of Chicago Press, 1999).
· David J. Meltzer and Tom D. Dillehay, "The Search for the First Americans." Archaeology 52(1):60-61 (1999).
"The Infography about Prehistoric Peoples in America"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA