The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the automotive industry.
· May, George S. (ed.). The Automobile Industry, 1896-1920. Facts on File, 1990. The Automobile Industry, 1920-1980. Facts on File, 1989.
· Womack, James P., Daniel T. Jones, Daniel Roos. The Machine That Changed the World. Rawson Associates, 1990.
· Flink, James J. The Automobile Age. MIT Press, 1988.
· Business: Auto News. Detroit Free Press. http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=BUSINESS01
· Automotive News. Crain Communications. http://www.autonews.com/
· Ward's Automotive Yearbook. Ward's Communications. http://wardsauto.com/
· Automotive Industries. http://www.ai-online.com/
· Bloomfield, Gerald T. The World Automotive Industry. David and Charles, 1978.
· Cray, Ed. Chrome Colossus: General Motors and Its Times. McGraw-Hill, 1980.
· Gelsanliter, David. Jump Start: Japan Comes to the Heartland. Farrar Straus Giroux, 1990.
· Halberstam, David. The Reckoning. William Morrow, 1986.
· Hamper, Ben. Rivethead: Tales from the Assembly Line. Warner Books, 1991.
· Hoffman, Kurt, and Raphael Kaplinsky. Driving Force: The Global Restructuring of Technology, Labor, and Investment in the Automobile and Components Industries. Westview Press, 1988.
· Keller, Maryann. Collison: GM, Toyota, Volkswagen and the Race to Own the 21st Century. Currency Doubleday, 1993.
· Keller, Maryann. Rude Awakening: The Rise, Fall, and Struggle for Recovery of General Motors. William Morrow, 1989.
· May, George S. A Most Unique Machine: The Michigan Origins of the American Automobile Industry. William B. Eerdmans, 1975.
· Nevins, Allen. Ford: The Times, the Man, the Company. Charles Scribner's Sons, 1954.
· Nevins, Allen, and Frank E. Hill. Ford: Expansion and Challenge 1915-1933. Charles Scribner's Sons, 1957.
· Nevins, Allen, and Frank E. Hill. Ford: Decline and Rebirth, 1933-1962. Charles Scribner's Sons, 1962.
· Rubenstein, James M. The Changing U.S. Auto Industry: A Geographical Analysis. Routledge, 1992.
· Scharchburg, Richard. Carriages without Horses: J. Frank Duryea and the Birth of the American Automobile Industry. Society of Automotive Engineers, 1993.
· Sherman, Joe. In the Rings of Saturn. Oxford University Press, 1994.
"The Infography about the Automobile Industry"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA