The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is domestic violence.
· Campbell, Jacquelyn C. (ed.) (1998). Empowering survivors of abuse: Health care for battered women and their children. Sage Publications, Inc. (Part of the Sage Series on Violence against Women.)
· Edleson, Jeffrey L., and Eisikovits, Zvi C. (eds.) (1996). Future interventions with battered women and their families. Sage Publications, Inc. (Part of the Sage Series on Violence against Women.)
· Jasinski, Jana L., and Williams, L.M. (eds.) (1998). Partner violence: A comprehensive review of 20 years of research. Sage Publications, Inc.
· Peled, Einat, Jaffe, Peter G., and Edleson, Jeffrey L. (eds.) (1995). Ending the cycle of violence: Community responses to children of battered women. Sage Publications, Inc.
· Crowell, Nancy A., and Burgess, Ann W. (eds.) (1996). Understanding violence against women. National Academy Press. (Report of the Panel on Research on Violence against Women, Committee on Law and Justice, Commission on Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, National Research Council.)
· Jones, Ann (1994). Next time, she'll be dead: Battering and how to stop it. Beacon Press.
· Shepard, Melanie F., and Pence, Ellen L. (eds.) (1999). Coordinating community response to domestic violence: Lessons from Duluth and beyond. Sage Publications, Inc.
· Leventhal, Beth, and Lundy, Sandra E. (eds.) (1999). Same-sex domestic violence: Strategies for change. Sage Publications, Inc.
· Levy, Barrie. (ed.) (1998). Dating violence: Young women in danger. Seal Press.
· U.S. Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women. http://www.ovw.usdoj.gov/
· Renzetti, Claire M., and Miley, Charles H. (eds.) (1996). Violence in gay and lesbian domestic partnerships. Haworth Press.
-- VIDEOS --
· Domestic Violence: Breaking the Cycle (1996). 120 minutes. Visionary Productions, Inc.
· Domestic Violence: Behind Closed Doors (1994). 16 minutes. Films for the Humanities and Sciences.
· Hostages at Home (1994). 52 minutes. Intermedia.
"The Infography about Domestic Violence"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA