Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University -- History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of the Virginia Tech.
· Buchanan, Todd. Images and Reflections: Virginia Tech, 1872-1997. Photographed by Todd Buchanan; edited by Lawrence G. Hincker and Clara B. Cox. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1997.
· Colston, Chris. Hokies Handbook: Stories, Stats and Stuff about Virginia Tech Football. Wichita Eagle and Beacon Pub. Co., 1996.
· Cox, Clara B. Generations of Women Leaders at Virginia Tech, 1921-1996. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1996.
· Doughty, Doug, and Roland Lazenby. Hoos 'n' Hokies: The Rivalry: 100 Years of Virginia/Virginia Tech Football. Taylor Pub. Co., 1995.
· Virginia Tech University Archives http://spec.lib.vt.edu/archives/
· Wallenstein, Peter. Virginia Tech, Land-Grant University, 1872-1997: History of a School, a State, a Nation. Pocahontas Press, 1997.
· Kinnear, Duncan Lyle. The First 100 Years: A History of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Virginia Polytechnic Institute Educational Foundation, 1972.
· Roanoke Times. Hokie High: Virginia Tech's Unforgettable 1999 Championship Season. Epic Sports, 1999.
· Shoffner, Charles. Then and Now: Virginia Tech. Photographed by Charles Shoffner. Harmony House, 1991.
· Temple, Harry Downing. The Bugle's Echo: A Chronicle of Cadet Life, vol. 1, 1872-1900. Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets, 1996.
· Tillar, Thomas C., Jr., ed. Tech Triumph: A Pictorial History of Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech Alumni Association, 1984.
· Wallenstein, Peter. "Black Southerners and Non-Black Universities: Desegregating Higher Education, 1935-1967." History of Higher Education Annual 19, 1999.
"The Infography about the History of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA