Federal Theatre Project (U.S.)
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the American Federal Theatre project.
· Buttitia, Tony, and Barry Witham. Uncle Sam Presents: A Memoir of the Federal Theatre, 1935-1939. University of Pennsylvania Press, 1982.
· Craig, Elizabeth Quita. Black Drama of the Federal Theatre Era. University of Massachusetts Press, 1980.
· DeHart Mathews, Jane. The Federal Theatre, 1935-1939: Plays, Relief, and Politics. Princeton University Press, 1967.
· Flanagan, Hallie. Arena. Duell, Sloan, and Pearce, 1940.
· Fraden, Rena. Blueprints for a Black Federal Theatre, 1935-1939. Cambridge University Press, 1994.
· O'Connor, John, and Lorraine Brown, eds. Free, Adult, Uncensored: The Living History of the Federal Theatre Project. New Republic, 1978.
· Duffy, Susan. The Political Left in the American Theatre of the 1930's: A Bibliographic Sourcebook. Scarecrow Press, 1992.
· Goldstein, Malcolm. The Political Stage: American Drama and the Theatre of the Great Depression. Oxford University, 1974.
· Himelstein, Morgan. Drama Was a Weapon. New Rutgers University, 1963.
· Kruger, Loren. The National Stage: Theatre and Cultural Legitimation in England, France, and America. University of Chicago Press, 1992.
· Library of Congress, Manuscript Division. The Federal Theatre Project Collection. Library of Congress, 1987.
· McDonald, William F. Federal Relief Administration and the Arts. Ohio State University, 1969.
· O'Hara, Michael. Federal Theatre's "Androcles and The Lion": Shaw in Black and White. Shaw: The Annual of Bernard Shaw Studies 19 (1999): 129-148.
· O'Hara, Michael. "Arms and the Man" and Federal Theatre: Love and War in Troubled Times. Shaw: The Annual of Bernard Shaw Studies 14 (1994): 145-152.
· O'Hara, Michael. "Class of '29" and the American Dream. American Drama 3 (fall 93): 17-30.
· O'Hara, Michael. "On the Rocks" and the Federal Theatre Project. Shaw: The Annual of Bernard Shaw Studies 12 (1992): 87-95.
· Rabkin, Gerald. Drama and Commitment: Politics in American Theatre of the Thirties. Indiana University, 1964.
"The Infography about the Federal Theatre Project"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA