Philosophy -- Relevance to Life
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the philosophy of life.
· John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, Chapter III, 1860. http://www.constitution.org/jsm/liberty.htm
· Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Self-Reliance," 1841. http://www.emersoncentral.com/selfreliance.htm
· John Dewey, Reconstruction in Philosophy, Beacon Press, 1957.
· Epictetus, The Handbook, Hackett Publishing, 1983. This is a condensed version of the Discourses by Epictetus. http://www.constitution.org/rom/epicdisc.htm
· William James, "On a Certain Blindness in Human Beings," 1906. http://www.des.emory.edu/mfp/jcertain.html
· Jean Jacques Rousseau, The Social Contract or Principles of Political Right, 1762. http://www.constitution.org/jjr/socon.htm
"The Infography about the Relevance of Philosophy to Life"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA