Zinc -- Human Consumption
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the transport and metabolism of zinc.
· Journal of Nutrition, May 2000 Supplement, Vol 130: 1341S-1520S
· Mills, Colin F. 1989. Zinc in Human Biology. Springer-Verlag.
· Cousins, R. J. 1996. Zinc. In: Present Knowledge in Nutrition, 7th edition. Editors: Ziegler, E. E. and Filer, L. J., Jr. ILSI Press, Washington, DC. pp 293-306.
· de Silva, J. J. R. F. and Williams, R. J. P. 1991. Zinc: Lewis acid catalysis and regulation. In: The Biological Chemistry of the Elements. Clarendon Press, pp 299-318.
· Valee, B. L. and Falchuk, K. H. 1993. The biochemical basis of zinc physiology. Physiol. Rev. 73: 79-118.
· Prasad, A. S. 1996. Zinc deficiency in women, infants and children. J. Am. Coll. Nutr. 15: 113-120.
"The Infography about Human Consumption of Zinc"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA