Frontier Journalism in 19th-Century America
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is American frontier journalism.
· Cloud, Barbara, The Business of Newspapers on the Western Frontier. University of Nevada Press, 1992.
· Dicken-Garcia, Hazel, Journalistic Standards in Nineteenth-Century America. University of Wisconsin Press, 1989.
· Dykstra, Robert R., The Cattle Towns. Alfred A. Knopf, 1971.
· Gressley, Gene M., Bankers and Cattlemen. Alfred A. Knopf, 1966.
· Lyon, William H., "The Significance of Newspapers on the American Frontier." Journal of the West 19 (April 1980), 3-13.
· Wheeler, Keith, The Chroniclers. The Old West series, Time-Life Books, 1976.
"The Infography about Frontier Journalism in 19th-Century America"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA