Aeronautics -- Commercial -- Britain -- History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of commercial aeronautics in England.
· Annual Report on the Progress of Civil Aviation. HMSO, 1919-1939, annual, total of 24 vols. issued; and Civil Aviation, HMSO, 1948, 1950, 2 vols.
· British Air Transport in the Seventies: Report of the Committee of Inquiry into Civil Air Transport. HMSO Cmnd. 4018, 1969 (Edwards Committee).
· Hayward, Keith. Government and British Civil Aerospace: A Case Study in Post-War Technology Policy. Manchester University Press, 1983.
· Higham, Robin. Britain's Imperial Air Routes, 1918-1939: The Story of Britain's Overseas Airlines. Foulis, 1960.
· Penrose, Harald. Wings across the World: An Illustrated History of British Airways. Cassell, 1980.
· Stroud, John. Annals of British and Commonwealth Air Transport, 1919-1960. Putnam, 1962; reprinted by AMS Press, 1983.
· Gaskell, Keith. British Airways: Its History, Aircraft and Liveries. Airlife, 1999.
· Holt-Thomas, G. Aerial Transport. Hodder and Stoughton, 1920.
· Lo Bao, Phil. An Illustrated History of British European Airways. Browcom Group, 1989.
· Longhurst, John. Nationalization in Practice: The Civil Aviation Experiment. Temple Press, 1950.
· Merton-Jones, A.C. British Independent Airlines, 1946-1976. Aviation Hobby Shop, 2000, revised ed. with color pictures; reprint of British Independent Airlines since 1946, Merside Aviation Society, 1976.
· Munson, Kenneth. Pictorial History of BOAC and Imperial Airways. Ian Allan, 1970.
· Pudney, John. The Seven Skies: A Study of B.O.A.C. and its Forerunners since 1919. Putnam, 1959.
· Wheatcroft, Stephen. Air Transport Policy. Michael Joseph, 1964.
"The Infography about the History of Commercial Aeronautics in England"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA