Steller, Georg Wilhelm (1709-1746)
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is the explorer and biologist Georg Steller.
· Stejneger, Leonhard. Georg Wilhelm Steller: The Pioneer of Alaskan Natural History, Harvard University Press, 1936.
· Frost, O.W., ed. Steller, Journal of a Voyage with Bering, 1741-1742, Stanford University Press, 1988.
· Golder, Frank A. Bering's Voyages, 2 volumes, American Geographical Society, 1922.
· Waxell, Sven. The Russian Expedition to America, introduction, translation and notes by M.A. Michael, Collier Books, 1962.
· Krasheninnikov, S.P. Explorations of Kamchatka, North Pacific Scimitar, translated by E.A.P. Crownhart-Vaughan, Oregon Historical Society, 1972.
· Muller, Gerhard Friedrich. Bering's Voyages: The Reports from Russia, translated by Carol Urness, University of Alaska Press, 1995.
· Coxe, William. The Russian Discoveries between Asia and America, 2nd edition, T. Cadell, 1780, reproduction by Readex Microprint, 1966.
· Dall, William H. A Critical Review of Bering's First Expedition, 1725-30: Together with a Translation of His Original Report upon It, Ye Galleon Press, 2000.
· Dall, William H. Early Expeditions to the Region of Bering Sea and Strait: From the Reports and Journals of Vitus Ivanovich Bering, translated by William H. Dall, with a summary of the journal kept by Peter Chaplin, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1891.
· Frost, O.W., ed. Bering and Chirikov: The American Voyages and Their Impact, Alaska Historical Society, 1992.
· Golder, Frank A. Russian Expansion on the Pacific: 1641-1850, Peter Smith, 1960.
· Frost, O.W., and Karen E. Willmore. Description of Unpublished Steller Papers in Smithsonian Archives and the Library of Congress, Alaska Historical Commission, 1983.
· Davidson, George. The Tracks and Landfalls of Bering and Chirikof on the North-West Coast of America, Ye Galleon Press, 1994.
"The Infography about Georg Wilhelm Steller (1709-1746)"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA