The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is sexual selection.
· Andersson, M.D. 1994. Sexual Selection. Princeton University Press.
· Darwin, C. 1874. The Descent of Man and Selection in Relation to Sex. Murray.
· Hamilton, W.D.; and Zuk, M. 1982. Heritable true fitness and bright birds: A role for parasites? Science 218:384-386.
· Kirkpatrick, M.; and Ryan, M.J. 1991. The paradox of the lek and the evolution of mating preferences. Nature 350:33-38.
· Lande, R. 1981. Models of speciation by sexual selection on polygenic traits. PNAS 78:3721-3725.
· West-Eberhard, M.J. 1979. Sexual selection, social competition, and evolution. Proc. Amer. Phil. Soc. 123:222-234.
· Houde, A.E.; and Endler, J.A. 1990. Correlated evolution of female mating preferences and male color patterns in the guppy Poecilia reticulata. Science 248:1405-1408.
· Kirkpatrick, M. 1982. Sexual selection and the evolution of female choice. Evolution 36:1-12.
· Ryan, M.J. 1985. The Túngara Frog: A Study in Sexual Selection and Communication. University of Chicago Press.
· Zahavi, A; Zahavi, A. 1997. The Handicap Principle. Oxford University Press.
"The Infography about Sexual Selection"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA