The following sources are recommended by a librarian whose research specialty is the harp.
· The American Harp Journal (Official publication of the American Harp Society). 1967-
· Rensch, Roslyn. Harps and harpists. Indiana University Press, 1989.
· Salzedo, Carlos. Modern study of the harp. G. Schirmer, 1921.
· Lawrence, Lucille. Method for the harp. With Carlos Salzedo. G. Schirmer, 1929.
· Palkovic, Mark. Harp music bibliography: Compositions for solo harp and harp ensemble. Indiana University Press, 1995.
· The Harp Page http://www.tns.lcs.mit.edu/harp/
· Schechter, John M. The indispensable harp: historical development, modern roles, configurations, and performance practices in Ecuador and Latin America. Kent State University Press, 1992.
· Inglefield, Ruth K., and Lou Anne Neill. Writing for the pedal harp: a standardized manual for composers and harpists. University of California Press, 1985.
· Lawrence, Lucille, and Carlos Salzedo. Pathfinder to the harp and supplement Pathfinder studies for the troubadour or Irish harp. Peermusic, 1954.
· Zingel, Hans Joachim. Harfenmusik Im 19. Jahrhundert = Harp in the nineteenth century. Originally published 1976. (English translation by Mark Palkovic) Indiana University Press, 1992.
· American Harp Society http://www.harpsociety.org
"The Infography about the Harp"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA