The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the mystery-detective novel.
· DeAndrea, William L. Encyclopedia Mysteriosa: A Comprehensive Guide to the Art of Detection in Print, Film, Radio, and Television. New York: Prentice, 1994.
· Gorman, Ed, Martin H. Greenberg, and Larry Segriff, eds. The Fine Art of Murder: The Mystery Reader's Indispensable Companion. New York: Galahad, 1993.
· A Guide to Classic Mystery and Detection. http://members.aol.com/MG4273/classics.htm
· The Mystery Review. http://www.themysteryreview.com/
· Steinbrunner, Chris, and Otto Penzler, eds. Encyclopedia of Mystery and Detection. San Diego: Harcourt Harvest, 1976.
· Winn, Dilys, ed. Murder Ink: The Mystery Reader's Companion. New York: Workman, 1977.
· Bargainnier, Earl F., and George N. Dove. Cops and Constables: American and British Fictional Policemen. Bowling Green, OH: Bowling Green State UP, 1986.
· Barzun, Jacques, and Wendell Hertig Taylor. A Catalogue of Crime. New York: Harper, 1971.
· Book'em Mysteries. http://www.bookem.com/
· Bourgeau, Art. Mystery Lover's Companion. New York: Crown, 1986.
· ClueLass. http://www.cluelass.com/
· Crime Time Online: Book Reviews. http://www.crimetime.co.uk/bookreviews/index.php
· Hamilton, Cynthia S. Western and Hardboiled Detective Fiction in America: From High Noon to Midnight. Iowa City: University of Iowa Press, 1987.
· Haycraft, Howard. Murder for Pleasure. New York: Appleton-Century, 1941.
· Haycraft, Howard, ed. The Art of the Mystery Story: A Collection of Critical Essays. New York: Grosset and Dunlap, 1947.
· Herbert, Rosemary. The Fatal Art of Entertainment: Interviews with Mystery Writers. New York: G.K. Hall, 1994.
· Horning, Jane E. The Mystery Lover's Book of Quotations: A Choice Selection from Murder Mysteries, Detective Stories, Suspense Novels, Spy Thrillers, and Crime Fiction. New York: Mysterious, 1988
· Hubin, Allen J. Crime Fiction, 1749-1980: A Comprehensive Bibliography. New York: Garland, 1984. 1981-1985 Supplement. New York: Garland, 1988.
· Jarvis, Mary J. A Reader's Guide to the Suspense Novel. New York: G.K. Hall, 1997.
· Keating, H.R.F. The Bedside Companion to Crime. New York: Mysterious, 1989.
· King, Susan. Crimes of the Scene: A Mystery Novel Guide for the International Traveller. New York: St. Martin's, 1997.
· Lachman, Marvin. A Reader's Guide to the American Novel of Detection. New York: G.K. Hall, 1993.
· Madden, David, ed. Tough Guy Writers of the Thirties. Carbondale, IL: Southern Illinois UP, 1968
· The Mystery Bookstop. http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/1283/mystery.html
· The Mystery Net. http://www.mysterynet.com/
· The Mystery Reader. http://www.themysteryreader.com/
· Niebuhr, Gary Warren. A Reader's Guide to the Private Eye Novel. New York: G.K. Hall, 1993.
· Oleksiw, Susan. A Reader's Guide to the Classic British Mystery. New York: G.K. Hall, 1988.
· Ousby, Ian. Guilty Parties: A Mystery Lover's Companion. New York: Thames and Hudson, 1997.
· Pearsall, Jay. Mystery and Crime: The New York Public Library Book of Answers. New York: Fireside, 1995.
· Pronzini, Bill. Gun in Cheek. New York: Mysterious, 1982.
· Reddy, Maureen T. Susters in Crime: Feminism and the Crime Novel. New York: Continuum, 1988.
· Siegel, Jeff. The American Detective: An Illustrated History. Dallas: Taylor, 1993.
· Steinbrunner, Chris, et al. Detectionary. Lock Haven, PA: Hammermill Paper, 1972.
· Stine, Kate, ed. The Armchair Detective Book of Lists. 2nd ed. New York: Simon, 1996.
· Stone, Nancy Stephanie. A Reader's Guide to the Spy and Thriller Novel. New York: Simon, 1997.
· Symons, Julian. Bloody Murder. 3rd ed. New York: Mysterious, 1992.
· Tangled Web UK. http://www.twbooks.co.uk/
· Watson, Colin. Snobbery with Violence. London: Eyre and Spottiswoode, 1971.
· Waugh, Hillary. Hillary Waugh's Guide to Mysteries and Mystery Writing. Cincinnati: Writer's Digest, 1991.
· Winks, Robin W. Modus Operandi: An Excursion into Detective Fiction. Boston: Godine, 1982.
· Winks, Robin W., ed. A Colloquium on Crime: Eleven Renowned Mystery Novelists Discuss Their Work. New York: Scribner, 1986.
· Winks, Robin W. Detective Fiction: A Collection of Critical Essays. Twentieth Century Views Series. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice, 1980.
· Winks, Robin W., and Maureen Corrigan, eds. Mystery and Suspense Writers. New York: Scribner's, 1998.
· Winn, Dilys, ed. Murderess Ink: The Better Half of the Mystery. New York: Workman, 1979.
"The Infography about the Mystery-Detective Novel"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA