English Language -- India and South Asia
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is English dialects.
· Gokak, Vinayak Krishna. English in India: Its Present and Future. Asia Publishing House, 1964.
· Gupta, R.S., and Kapil Kapoor, eds. English in India: Issues and Problems. Academic Foundation, 1991.
· Hankin, Nigel B. Hanklyn-Janklin, or A Stranger's Rumble-Tumble Guide to Some Words, Customs, and Qualities Indian and Indo-British. Banyan, 1992.
· Kachru, Braj B. The Indianization of English: The English Language in India. Oxford University Press, 1983.
· Ram, Tulsi. Trading in Language: The Story of English in India. GDK, 1983.
· Rao, G. Subba. Indian Words in English: A Study in Indo-British Cultural and Linguistic Relations. Oxford University Press, 1954.
"The Infography about the English Language in India and South Asia"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA