Aeronautics -- Commercial -- History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of commercial aeronautics.
· Davies, Ronald E.G. A History of the World's Airlines. Oxford University Press, 1964.
· Davies, Ronald E.G. Airlines of Latin America since 1919. Putnam, 1984.
· Davies, Ronald E.G. Airlines of Asia since 1920. Putnam, 1997.
· Guttery, Ben R. Encyclopedia of African Airlines. McFarland, 1998.
· Jarrett, Philip, ed. Modern Air Transport: Worldwide Air Transport from 1945 to the Present. Putnam "Putnam's History of Aircraft," 2000.
· Leary, William M., and William F. Trimble. From Airship to Airbus: The History of Civil and Commercial Aviation. Smithsonian Institution Press, 1995, 2 vols.
· Brindley, John. Wings for the World: IATA, 1945-1995. International Air Transport Association, 1995.
· Burdon, William A.M. The Struggle for Airways in Latin America. Council on Foreign Relations, 1943; reprinted by Arno Press, 1974.
· Doganis, Rigas. Flying off Course: The Economics of International Airlines. Allen and Unwin, 1985; HarperCollins, 1991.
· Graham, Brian. Geography and Air Transport. Wiley, 1995.
· Groenewege, Adrianus D. Compendium of International Civil Aviation. International Aviation Development Corp., 1996, 1998.
· Hanlon, Pat. Global Airlines. Butterworth Heineman, 1999, 2nd ed.
· International Air Transport. Todd Reference Books, 1947.
· Lissitzyn, Oliver J. International Air Transport and National Policy. Council on Foreign Relations, 1942.
· Milberry, Larry. Air Transport in Canada. CANAV Books, 1998, 2 vols.
· Roadcap, Roy. World Airline Record. Roadcap and Associates, 1972, 7th ed.
· Sampson, Anthony. Empires of the Sky: The Politics, Contests, and Cartels of World Airlines. Random House, 1984.
· Smith, Myron J. The Airline Bibliography: The Salem College Guide to Sources on Commercial Aviation. Locust Hill Press, 1986, 1988, 2 vols.
· Sterling, Christopher H. Commercial Air Transport Books: An Annotated Bibliography of Airlines, Airliners, and the Air Transport Industry. Paladwr Press, 1996, Supplement, 1998.
· Van Zandt, J. Parker, ed. World Aviation Annual. Aviation Research Institute, 1948 (only year issued).
"The Infography about the History of Commercial Aeronautics"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA