Paleontology -- Origin of Life on Land
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the origin of life on land.
· M.A.S. McMenamin and D.L.S. McMenamin. 1994. Hypersea: Life on Land. New York: Columbia University Press.
· A.E. Douglas. 1994. Symbiotic Interactions. Oxford University Press.
· T. Volk. 1998. Gaia's Body: Toward a Physiology of Earth. Copernicus/Springer-Verlag.
· C. Little. 1990. The Terrestrial Invasion: An Ecophysiological Approach to the Origins of Land Animals. Cambridge University Press.
· The Journal of Biospheric Science http://www.mtholyoke.edu/courses/mmcmenam/journal.html
· Hypersea: Life on Land. A videotape lecture by Mark McMenamin, Professor of Geology, Mount Holyoke College. Running time: 1:17. Format: VHS. Copyright 1995, Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, MA. For information please call (413) 538-2987 or 538-2280.
· L. Margulis. 1998. Symbiotic Planet: A New Look at Evolution. Basic Books.
· M.F. Allen. 1991. The Ecology of Mycorrhizae. Cambridge University Press.
· M.S. Gordon and E.C. Olson. 1994. Invasions of the Land: The Transitions of Organisms from Aquatic to Terrestrial Life. Columbia University Press.
"The Infography about Paleontology and the Origin of Life on Land"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA