Longleaf Pine Forest
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is the longleaf pine forest.
· Wahlenberg, W.G. (1946) Longleaf pine: Its use, ecology, regeneration, protection, and management. Charles Lathrop Pack Forestry Foundation. 429 pp.
· Platt. W.J., Evans, G.W., Rathbun, S.L. (1988) The population dynamics of a long-lived conifer (Pinus palustris). The American Naturalist 131(4):491-525.
· Mattoon, W.R. (1922) Longleaf pine. USDA Bulletin 1061.
· Chapman, H.H. (1932) Is the longleaf type a climax? Ecology 13:328-334.
· Schwarz, G.F. (1907) The longleaf pine in virgin forest: A silvical study. Wiley. 135 pp.
· Frost, C.C. (1993) Four centuries of changing landscape patterns in the longleaf pine ecosystem. Pages 17-43 in: Hermann, S.H. (ed.). Proceedings of the 18th Tall Timbers Fire Ecology Conference. The longleaf pine ecosystem: ecology, restoration, and management. Tall Timbers, 418 pp.
"The Infography about Longleaf Pine Forest"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA