Florida -- History -- 1513-1821
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the early history of Florida.
· Coker, William, and Susan Parker. "The Second Spanish Period in the Two Floridas." Chapter 9 in The New History of Florida, edited by Michael V. Gannon. University Press of Florida, 1996.
· Fabel, Robin. The Economy of British West Florida, 1763-1783. University of Alabama Press, 1988.
· Gannon, Michael V. The Cross in the Sand. University of Florida Press, 1965.
· Landers, Jane. Black Society in Spanish Florida. University of Illinois Press, 1999.
· Mowat, Charles Loch. East Florida as a British Province. University of California Press, 1943. (Facsimile Reproduction with Editorial Preface by Rembert W. Patrick. University of Florida Press, 1964.)
· Worth, John E.T. The Timucuan Chiefdoms of Spanish Florida. 2 vols. University Press of Florida, 1998.
· Arnade, Charles W. "The Failure of Spanish Florida." The Americas (Academy of American Franciscan History), 16.3 (1960): 271-281.
· Arnade, Charles W. "A New Look at the Failure of Spanish Florida." Proceedings of the 90th Annual Meeting of the Florida Historical Society. Florida Historical Society, 1992: 176-181.
· Balseiro, José Augustín, ed. The Hispanic Presence in Florida. E.A. Seeman Publishing, 1976.
· Bushnell, Amy. The Kings Coffer: Proprietors of the Spanish Florida Treasury, 1565-1702. University Press of Florida, 1981.
· Caruso, John Anthony. The Southern Frontier. Bobbs Merrill Company, 1981.
· Chatelain, Verne E. The Defenses of Spanish Florida, 1565 to 1763. Carnegie Institute, 1941.
· Fuson, Robert H. Juan Ponce de León and the Spanish Discovery of Puerto Rico and Florida. MacDonald and Woodward Publishing Company, 2000.
· Gold, Robert L. Borderland Empires in Transition: The Triple-Nation Transfer of Florida. Southern Illinois University Press, 1969.
· Hann, John H. A History of the Timucuan Indians and Missions. University Press of Florida, 1996.
· Laudonnière, René Goulaine de. Three Voyages. Translated with an introduction and notes by Charles Bennett. University of Alabama Press, 2001.
· Lyon, Eugene. The Enterprise of Florida: Pedro Menéndez de Avilés and the Spanish Conquest of 1565-1568. University Presses of Florida, 1976.
· McGrath, John T. The French in Early Florida: In the Eye of the Hurricane. University Press of Florida, 2000.
· Milanich, Jerald T. Florida Indians and the Invasion from Europe. University Press of Florida, 1995.
· Romans, Bernard. A Concise Natural History of East and West Florida. A Facsimile Reproduction of the 1775 Edition with Introduction by Rembert Patrick. University of Florida Press, 1962. (Edited by Kathryn Holland Braund, University of Alabama Press, 1999).
· Tanner, Helen Hornbeck. Zéspedes in East Florida, 1784-1790. University of Miami Press, 1963.
· TePaske, John. Governorship of Spanish Florida, 1700-1763. Duke University Press, 1964.
· Wright, J. Leitch. Florida in the American Revolution. University Press of Florida, 1975.
"The Infography about the Early History of Florida"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA