Native American Literature
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Native American literature.
· Allen, Paula Gunn. The Sacred Hoop: Recovering the Feminine in American Indian Traditions. Beacon Press, 1986.
· Owens, Louis. Other Destinies: Understanding the American Indian Novel. University of Oklahoma Press, 1992.
· Porter, Joy, and Kenneth M. Roemer, eds. The Cambridge Companion to Native American Literature. Cambridge University Press, 2005.
· Roemer, Kenneth, ed. Dictionary of Literary Biography, Vol. 175: Native American Writers of the United States. Gale Research, 1997.
· Strom, Karen M. Storytellers: Native American Authors Online. http://www.hanksville.org/storytellers/
· Wilson, Norma C. The Nature of Native American Poetry. University of New Mexico Press, 2001.
· Densmore, Frances. Music of the Acoma, Isleta, Cochiti and Zuni Pueblos. Smithsonian Institution Bureau of American Ethnology, 1957; reprint, Decapo Press, 1972.
· Ruoff, Lavonne. American Indian Literatures: An Introduction, Bibliographic Review and Selected Bibliography. Modern Language Association, 1990.
· Swann, Brian, and Arnold Krupat, eds. Recovering the Word: Essays on Native American Literature. University of California Press, 1987.
· Velie, Alan R. Four American Indian Literary Masters: N. Scott Momaday, James Welch, Leslie Marmon Silko, and Gerald Vizenor. University of Oklahoma Press, 1982.
· Wiget, Andrew, ed. Dictionary of Native American Literature. Garland Publishing, 1994.
"The Infography about Native American Literature"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA