The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is welfare reform.
· Council of Economic Advisers. The Effects of Welfare Policy and the Economic Expansion on Welfare Caseloads: An Update. Council of Economic Advisers. August 3, 1999. http://clinton3.nara.gov/WH/EOP/CEA/html/welfare/
· Peterson, Janice. "'Ending Welfare As We Know It': The Symbolic Importance of Welfare Policy in America." Journal of Economic Issues 32(2) (June 1997): 425-31.
· Primus, Wendell, Lynette Rawlings, Kathy Larin, and Kathryn Porter. The Initial Impacts of Welfare Reform on the Incomes of Single-Mother Families. Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, August 1999. http://www.cbpp.org/8-22-99wel.htm
· Rose, Nancy E. "Scapegoating Poor Women: An Analysis of Welfare Reform." Journal of Economic Issues 34(1) (March 2000): 143-57.
· Sawicky, Max B., ed. The End of Welfare? Consequences of Federal Devolution for the Nation. M.E. Sharpe, 1999.
· Trattner, Walter I. From Poor Law to Welfare State: A History of Social Welfare in America. 6th ed. The Free Press, 1999.
· Brown, Charles C., and Wallace E. Oates. "Assistance to the Poor in a Federal System." Journal of Public Economics 32 (1987): 307-30.
· Cook, Fay Lomax, and Edith J. Barrett. Support for the American Welfare State: The Views of Congress and the Public. Columbia University Press, 1992.
· Grubb, W. Norton. "The Price of Local Discretion: Inequalities for Children's Programs in Texas." Journal of Policy Analysis and Management 3(3) (1984): 359-72.
· Inman, Robert P. "Federal Assistance and Local Services in the United States: The Evolution of a New Federalist Fiscal Order." In Fiscal Federalism: Quantitative Studies, Harvey S. Rosen, ed., 33-74. University of Chicago Press, 1988.
· Ladd, Helen F., and Fred C. Doolittle. "Which Level of Government Should Assist the Poor?" National Tax Journal 35 (September 1982): 323-36.
· Social Security Administration. Annual Statistical Supplement of the Social Security Bulletin. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Social Security Administration. http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/statcomps/supplement/
· U.S. Congress. House of Representatives. Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996. 104th Cong., 2nd sess., 1996, H.R. 3734. http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d104:HR03734:|TOM:/bss/d104query.html|
"The Infography about Welfare Reform"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA