The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is plant-herbivore interactions.
· Berenbaum, May R., Arthur R. Zangerl and James K. Nitao. 1988. Constraints on chemical coevolution: wild parsnips and the parsnip webworm. Evolution 40:1215-1228.
· Coley, Phyllis D. 1984. Herbivory and defensive characteristics of tree species in low-land tropical forest. Ecological Monographs 53:209-233.
· Karban, Richard. 1990. Community organization of Erigeron glaucus folivores: effects of competition, predation, and host plant. Ecology 70:1028-1039.
· Louda, Svata M. 1982. Distribution ecology: variation in plant recruitment over a gradient in relation to insect seed predation. Ecological Monographs 52:25-41.
· Price, Peter W. 1997. Insect ecology. Wiley.
· Whitham, Thomas G., Gregory D. Martinsen, Kevin D. Floate, Heidi S. Dungey, Brad M. Potts, and Paul Keim. 1999. Plant hybrid zones affect biodiversity: Tools for a genetic-based understanding of community structure. Ecology 80: 416-428.
"The Infography about Plant-Herbivore Interactions"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA