Sound Recordings -- Conservation and Restoration
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the conservation and restoration of sound recordings.
· Association for Recorded Sound Collections. Rules for Archival Cataloging of Sound Recordings. ARSC, 1995.
· Association for Recorded Sound Collections, Associated Audio Archives Committee. Audio Preservation: A Planning Study, Final Performance Report. ARSC, 1988.
· Marco, Guy, and Frank Andrews (eds.). Encyclopedia of Recorded Sound in the United States. Garland, 1993.
· McWilliams, Jerry. The Preservation and Restoration of Sound Recordings. American Association for State and Local History, 1979.
· Pickett, A.G., and M.M. Lemcoe. Preservation and Storage of Sound Recordings. Lowell Press, 1991.
· Schurk, William. "Bowling Green State University Sound Recordings Archives: A Collection Development Case Study." Proceedings of the German American Conference in Paderborn, September 1994, Essen, Germany; Verlag die Blaue Eule (Aktienstrasse 8), pp. 439-449.
· Schurk, William. "From Games to Grunge: Popular Culture Research Collections at Bowling Green State University." Notes, Vol. 54 (June 1998), pp. 849-859.
· Schwartzman, Arnold. Phono-Graphics: The Visual Paraphernalia of the Talking Machine. Chronicle Books, 1993.
· Welch, Walter L. From Tinfoil to Stereo: The Acoustic Years of the Recording Industry, 1877-1929. University of Florida, 1994.
· Galen, Gart. ARLD: The American Record Label Directory and Dating Guide, 1940-1959. Big Nickel Publications, 1989.
· Sutton, Allan. Directory of American Disc Record Brands and Manufacturers, 1891-1943. Greenwood Press, 1994.
· Ulano, Mark. Sonrisa Films Presents Talking Furniture: A Story of Reproduction (videocassette). Sonrisa Films, 1989.
· Ulano, Mark. Phonographs, the Great Collections (7 videocassettes). University Support Services, Inc., c1990.
"The Infography about the Conservation and Restoration of Sound Recordings"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA