Native American Activism
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Native American activism.
· Crow Dog, Mary, and Richard Erdoes. 1990. Lakota Woman. New York: Grove Weidenfeld.
· Johnson, Troy R. 1996. The Occupation of Alcatraz Island: Indian Self-Determination and the Rise of Indian Activism. University of Illinois Press.
· Josephy, Alvin P., Jr., Joane Nagel, and Troy Johnson. 1998. Red Power: The American Indians' Fight for Freedom. Revised Edition. University of Nebraska Press.
· Means, Russell, with Marvin J. Wolf. 1995. Where White Men Fear to Tread. St. Martin's Press.
· Nagel, Joane. 1996. American Indian Ethnic Renewal: Red Power and the Resurgence of Identity and Culture. Oxford University Press.
· Smith, Paul Chaat, and Robert Allen Warrior. 1996. Like a Hurricane: The Indian Movement from Alcatraz to Wounded Knee. New Press.
"The Infography about Native American Activism"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA