The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is juvenile delinquency.
· Greenwood, Patrick (1982). Selective Incapacitation. Rand.
· Henggeler, Scott W; Rowland, Melisa D; Pickrel, Susan G; Miller, Stacey L; Cunningham, Phillippe B; Santos, Alberto B; Schoenwald, Sonja K; Randall, Jeff; Edwards, James E (1997). Investigating family-based alternatives to institution-based mental health services for youth: Lessons learned from the pilot study of a randomized field trial. Journal of Clinical Child Psychology, 26(3), 226-233.
· Loeber, Rolf; DeLamatre, Mary S; Keenan, Kate; Zhang, Quanwu (1998). A prospective replication of developmental pathways in disruptive and delinquent behavior. In Cairns, Robert B (ed), Bergman, Lars R (ed), et al. Methods and Models for Studying the Individual (pp. 185-218). Sage.
· Poulin, Francois; Dishion, Thomas J; Haas, Eric (1999). The peer influence paradox: Friendship quality and deviancy training within male adolescent friendships. Merrill-Palmer Quarterly, 45(1), 42-61.
· Rosenbaum, Jill L (1989). Family dysfunction and female delinquency. Crime and Delinquency, 35(1), 31-44.
· Wierson, Michelle (1995). Predicting recidivism in juvenile delinquents: The role of mental health diagnoses and the qualification of conclusions by race. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 33, 63-67.
· Dishion, Thomas J; McCord, Joan; Poulin, Francois (1999). When interventions harm: Peer groups and problem behavior. American Psychologist, 54(9), 755-764.
· Dishion, Thomas J; Patterson, Gerald R (1997). The timing and severity of antisocial behavior: Three hypotheses within an ecological framework. In Stoff, David M (ed), Breiling, James (ed), et al. Handbook of Antisocial Behavior (pp. 205-217). Wiley.
· Farrington, David P; Loeber, Rolf (1999). Transatlantic replicability of risk factors in the development of delinquency. In Cohen, Patricia (ed), Slomkowski, Cheryl (ed), et al. Historical and Geographical Influences on Psychopathology (pp. 299-329). Lawrence Erlbaum.
· Florsheim, Paul; Tolan, Patrick; Gorman-Smith, Deborah (1998). Family relationships, parenting practices, the availability of male family members, and the behavior of inner-city boys in single-mother and two-parent families. Child Development, 69(5), 1437-1447.
· Goldstein, Arnold (1990). Delinquents on Delinquency. Research Press.
· Goldstein, Arnold; Glick, Barry; Irwin, Mary Jane; Pask-McCartney, Claudia; Rubama, Ibrahim (1989). Reducing Delinquency. Pergamon.
· Gorman-Smith, Deborah; Tolan, Patrick H; Loeber, Rolf; Henry, David B (1998). Relation of family problems to patterns of delinquent involvement among urban youth. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 26(5), 319-333.
· Greenwood, Patrick (1983). Selective Incapacitation Revisited. Rand.
· Henggeler, Scott W (1989). Delinquency in Adolescence. Sage.
· Henggeler, Scott W; Schoenwald, Sonja K; Borduin, Charles M; Rowland, Melisa D; Cunningham, Phillippe B (1998). Multisystemic Treatment of Antisocial Behavior in Children and Adolescents. Guilford.
· Henggeler, Scott W (ed); Santos, Alberto B (ed) (1997). Innovative Approaches for Difficult-to-Treat Populations. American Psychiatric Press.
· Jankowski, Martin Sanchez (1991). Islands in the Street: Gangs and American Urban Society. Univeristy of California Press.
· Kotlowitz, Alex (1991). There Are No Children Here: The Story of Two Boys Growing up in the Other America. Anchor.
· Loeber, Rolf; Dishion, Thomas (1983). Early predictors of male delinquency: A review. Psychological Bulletin, 94, 68-99.
· Loeber, Rolf; Stouthammer-Loeber, Magda; White, Helene Raskin (1999). Developmental aspects of delinquency and internalizing problems and their association with persistent juvenile substance use between ages 7 and 18. Journal of Clinical Child Psychology, 28(3), 322-332.
· Loeber, Rolf; Stouthamer-Loeber, Magda (1998). Juvenile aggression at home and at school. In Elliott, Delbert S (ed), Hamburg, Beatrix A (ed), et al. Violence in American Schools: A New Perspective (pp. 94-126). Cambridge University Press.
· Loeber, Rolf (ed); Farrington, David P (ed) (1998). Serious and Violent Juvenile Offenders: Risk Factors and Successful Interventions. Sage Publications.
· McMahon, Robert J; Slough, Nancy M (1996). Family-based intervention in the Fast Track Program. In Peters, Ray D (ed), McMahon, Robert Joseph (ed), et al. Preventing Childhood Disorders, Substance Abuse, and Delinquency (pp. 90-110). Banff International Behavioral Science Series, Vol. 3, Sage.
· McMahon, Robert J; Wells, Karen C (1998). Conduct problems. In Mash, Eric J (ed), Barkley, Russell A (ed), et al. Treatment of Childhood Disorders, 2nd ed. (pp. 111-207). Guilford.
· McMahon, Robert J (ed); Peters, Ray D (ed) (1990). Behavior Disorders of Adolescence: Research, Intervention, and Policy in Clinical and School Settings. Plenum Press.
· National Research Council (1993). Losing Generations: Adolescents in High-Risk Settings. (Panel: Joel Handler, Gordon Berlin, Thomas Cook, Alonzo Crim, Sanford Dornbusch, Joy Dryfoos, Roberto Fernandez, Richard Freeman, John Hagan, Charles Irwin, Richard Jessor, Gloria Johnson-Powell, Aaron Shirley, Barbara Starfield, Lloyd Street). National Academy Press.
· Patterson, Gerald R; DeBaryshe, Barbara; Ramsey, Elizabeth (1989). A developmental perspective on antisocial behavior. American Psychologist, 44, 329-335.
· Patterson, Gerald R; Yoerger, Karen (1999). Intraindividual growth in covert antisocial behaviour: A necessary precursor to chronic juvenile and adult arrests? Criminal Behaviour and Mental Health, 9(1), 24-38.
· Patterson, Gerald R; Forgatch, Marion S; Yoerger, Karen L; Stoolmiller, Mike (1998). Variables that initiate and maintain an early-onset trajectory for juvenile offending. Development and Psychopathology, 10(3), 531-547.
· Peters, Ray D (ed); McMahon, Robert J (ed); Quinsey, Vernon L (ed) (1992). Aggression and Violence throughout the Life Span. Sage.
· Rosenbaum, Jill L; Chesney-Lind, Meda (1994). Appearance and deliquency: A research note. Crime and Delinquency, 40(2), 250-261.
· Schoenwald, Sonja W; Henggeler, Scott W; Brondino, Michael J; Donkervoet, John C (1997). Reconnecting schools with families of juvenile offenders. In Swartz, Jody L (ed), Martin, William E (ed), et al. Applied Ecological Psychology for Schools within Communities: Assessment and Intervention (pp. 187-205). Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
· Tolan, Patrick H (1999). Focus chapter: Research methods in community-based treatment and prevention. In Kendall, Philip C (ed), Butcher, James N (ed), et al. Handbook of Research Methods in Clinical Psychology, 2nd ed. (pp. 403-418). Wiley.
· Tolan, Patrick H; McKay, Mary McKernan (1996). Preventing serious antisocial behavior in inner-city children: An empirically based family intervention program. Family Relations: Journal of Applied Family and Child Studies, 45(2), 148-155.
· Warren, Marguerite Q; Rosenbaum, Jill L (1996). Criminal careers of female offenders. Criminal Justice and Behavior, 13(4), 393-418.
· Wierson, Michelle; Forehand, Rex; Frame, Cynthia (1992). Epidemiology and treatment of mental health problems in juvenile delinquents. Advances in Behaviour Research and Therapy, 14, 93-120.
"The Infography about Juvenile Delinquency"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA