Broadcasting -- Noncommercial -- United States -- History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is noncommercial broadcasting in the United States.
· Blakely, Robert J. To Serve the Public Interest: Educational Broadcasting in the United States. Syracuse University Press, 1979.
· Day, James. The Vanishing Vision: The Inside Story of Public Television. University of California Press, 1995.
· Engelman, Ralph. Public Radio and Television in America: A Political History. Sage, 1996.
· Gibson, George H. Public Broadcasting: The Role of the Federal Government, 1912-1976. Praeger, 1977.
· Looker, Thomas. The Sound and the Story: NPR and the Art of Radio. Houghton Mifflin, 1995.
· Witherspoon, John, and Roselle Kovitz, et al. A History of Public Broadcasting. Current, 2000, 2nd ed.
· Carnegie Commission on Educational Television. Public Television: A Program for Action. Harper and Row, 1967.
· Carnegie Commission on the Future of Public Broadcasting. A Public Trust. Bantam Books, 1979.
· Cater, Douglass, and Michael J. Nyhan, eds. The Future of Public Broadcasting. Praeger, 1976.
· Frost, S.E., Jr. Education's Own Stations: The History of Broadcast Licenses Issued to Educational Institutions. University of Chicago Press, 1937.
· Perry, Armstrong. Radio in Education: The Ohio School of the Air and Other Experiments. The Payne Fund, 1929, 2nd ed.
· Powell, John Walker. Channels of Learning: The Story of Educational Television. Public Affairs Press, 1962.
· Schramm, Wilbur, et al. The People Look at Educational Television. Stanford University Press, 1963.
· Siepmann, Charles A. Television and Education in the United States. UNESCO "Press, Film and Radio in the World Today," 1952.
· Starr, Jerold M. Air Wars: The Fight to Reclaim Public Broadcasting. Beacon Press, 2000.
· Stewart, David. The PBS Companion: A History of Public Television. TV Books, 1999.
· Twentieth Century Fund Task Force on Public Television. Quality Time? Twentieth Century Fund Press, 1993.
· Tyler, Tracy Ferris. An Appraisal of Radio Broadcasting in the Land-Grant Colleges and State Universities. National Committee on Education by Radio, 1933.
"The Infography about the History of Noncommercial Broadcasting in the United States"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA