Telephone -- History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the telephone.
· Bell, Alexander Graham. The Bell Telephone: The Deposition of Alexander Graham Bell in the Suit Brought by the United States to Annul the Bell Patents. American Bell Telephone, 1908; reprinted by Arno Press, 1974.
· Bruce, Robert V. Bell: Alexander Graham Bell and the Conquest of Solitude. Little, Brown, 1973.
· Chapuis, Robert J. 100 Years of Telephone Switching (1878-1978), Part 1--Manual and Electromechanical Switching, 1878-1960s. North-Holland Publishing "Studies in Telecommunications," 1982.
· Chapuis, Robert J., and Amos E. Joel. Electronics, Computers and Telephone Switching: A Book of Technological History as Volume 2: 1960-1985 of "100 Years of Telephone Switching." North-Holland "Studies in Telecommunications," 1990.
· Rhodes, Frederick L. Beginnings of Telephony. Harper, 1929; reprinted by Arno Press, 1974.
· Shiers, George. The Telephone: An Historical Anthology. Arno Press "Historical Studies in Telecommunications," 1977.
· Adams, Stephen B., and Orville R. Butler. Manufacturing the Future: A History of Western Electric. Cambridge University Press, 1999.
· Aitken, William. Who Invented the Telephone? Blackie and Son, 1939.
· Alexander Graham Bell Family Papers at the Library of Congress, 1862-1939. http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/bellhtml/bellhome.html
· Alexander Graham Bell's Path to the Telephone. http://www3.iath.virginia.edu/albell/homepage.html
· Baldwin, Francis G.C. The History of the Telephone in the United Kingdom. Chapman and Hall, 1925.
· Boettinger, H.M. The Telephone Book: Bell, Watson, Vail and American Life, 1876-1983. Stearn, 1983, 2nd ed.
· Coe, Lewis. The Telephone and Its Several Inventors: A History. McFarland, 1995.
· Evenson, A. Edward. The Telephone Patent Conspiracy of 1876: The Elisha Gray-Alexander Bell Controversy and Its Many Players. McFarland, 2000.
· Grosvenor, Edwin S., and Morgan Wesson. Alexander Graham Bell: The Life and Times of the Man Who Invented the Telephone. Harry Abrams, 1997.
· A History of Engineering and Science in the Bell System. Bell Telephone Laboratories, 1975-1985, 7 vols.
· Kingsbury, John E. The Telephone and Telephone Exchanges: Their Invention and Development. Longmans, Green, 1915; reprinted by Arno Press, 1972.
· Miller, Kempster B. American Telephone Practice. American Electrician, 1899, 1900; McGraw, 1903, 1905.
· Pool, Ithiel de Sola, ed. Forecasting the Telephone: A Retrospective Technology Assessment of the Telephone. Ablex, 1983.
· Prescott, George B. Bell's Electric Speaking Telephone: Its Invention, Construction, Application, Modification and History. D. Appleton, 1884; reprinted by Arno Press, 1972; revised as The Electric Telephone, 1900.
· The Telephone Cases: Cases Adjudged in the Supreme Court at October Term, 1887. Baker and Bros, "United States Supreme Court Reports, Vol. 126," 1888.
· Antique Telephone History Web Site. http://atcaonline.com/phone/
· Telephone Tribute. http://www.telephonetribute.com/
· Wasserman, Neil H. From Invention to Innovation: Long-Distance Telephone Transmission at the Turn of the Century. Johns Hopkins University Press "AT&T Series in Telephone History," 1985.
"The Infography about the History of the Telephone"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA