English Language -- Malaysia and Singapore
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is English dialects.
· Crewe, W.J., ed. The English Language in Singapore. Eastern Universities Press, 1977.
· Foley, J., ed. The New Englishes: The Case of Singapore. Singapore University Press, 1988.
· Foley, J., et al., eds. English in New Cultural Contexts: Reflections from Singapore. Oxford University Press, 1998.
· Pakir, Ann, ed. The English Language in Singapore: Standards and Norms. UniPress, the Centre for the Arts, National University of Singapore, for the Singapore Association for Applied Linguistics, 1993.
· Platt, John, and Heidi Weber. English in Singapore and Malaysia: Status, Features, Functions. Oxford University Press, 1980.
· Platt, John, Heidi Weber, and Mian Lian Ho. Singapore and Malaysia. Varieties of English around the World Series. John Benjamins, 1983.
"The Infography about the English Language in Malaysia and Singapore"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA