Vietnam Antiwar Movement
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the Vietnam antiwar movement.
· DeBenedetti, Charles and Charles Chatfield. An American Ordeal: The Antiwar Movement of the Vietnam Era. Syracuse University Press, 1990.
· Hall, Mitchell. Because of Their Faith: CALCAV and Religious Opposition to the Vietnam War. Columbia University Press, 1990.
· Heineman, Kenneth. Campus Wars: The Peace Movement at American State Universities in the Vietnam Era. New York University Press, 1993.
· Small, Melvin and William Hoover, eds. Give Peace a Chance: Exploring the Vietnam Antiwar Movement. Syracuse University Press, 1992.
· Small, Melvin. Johnson, Nixon, and the Doves. Rutgers University Press, 1988.
· Wells, Tom. The War Within: America's Battle over Vietnam. University of California Press, 1994.
· Anderson, Terry. The Movement and the Sixties. Oxford University Press, 1995.
· DeBenedetti, Charles. "On the Significance of Citizen Peace Activism: America, 1961-1975." Peace and Change (Summer 1983), 6-20.
· Farber, David. Chicago '68. University of Chicago Press, 1988.
· Hall, Mitchell. "Unsell the War: Vietnam and Antiwar Advertising." The Historian (Autumn 1995), 69-86.
· Halstead, Fred. Out Now! A Participant's Account of the American Movement against the Vietnam War. Monad Press, 1978.
· Hoffman, Paul. Moratorium: An American Protest. Tower, 1970.
· Hunt, Andrew. The Turning: A History of Vietnam Veterans against the War. New York University Press, 1999.
· Katz, Milton. "Peace Liberals and Vietnam: SANE and the Politics of 'Responsible' Protest." Peace and Change (Summer 1983), 21-39.
· Menashe, Louis and Ronald Radosh, eds. Teach-Ins: U.S.A. Praeger, 1967.
· Powers, Thomas. The War at Home: Vietnam and the American People. Grossman, 1973.
· Small, Melvin. Covering Dissent: The Media and the Anti-Vietnam War Movement. Rutgers University Press, 1994.
· Swerdlow, Amy. Women Strike for Peace: Traditional Motherhood and Radical Politics in the 1960s. University of Chicago Press, 1993.
· Zaroulis, Nancy and Gerald Sullivan. Who Spoke Up? American Protest against the War in Vietnam, 1963-1975. Doubleday, 1984.
"The Infography about the Vietnam Antiwar Movement"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA