Rutland, Vermont -- History
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is the history of Rutland, Vermont.
· Hamilton Child, Gazetteer and Business Directory of Rutland County, Vt., for 1881-2, The Journal Office, 1881, 643 pp.
· H.P. Smith and W.S. Rann, editors, History of Rutland County, Vermont, D. Mason and Sons, 1886, 959 pp.
· Marvel G. Swan and Donald P. Swan, compilers, and Dawn D. Hance, editor, Early Families of Rutland, Vermont, Rutland Historical Society, 1990, 464 pp.
· Dawn D. Hance, The History of Rutland, Vermont, 1761-1861, Academy Books, 1991, 690 pp.
· Abby Maria Hemenway, editor, The Vermont Gazetteer, A Magazine, Embracing A History of Each Town, Civil, Ecclesiastical, Biographical, and Military, Volume III, Orleans and Rutland Counties, Claremont Manufacturing Company, 1877, 1,245 pp., including an index for both counties.
· Tyler Resch, The Rutland Herald History: A Bicentennial Chronicle, Rutland Herald, 1996, 139 pp.
"The Infography about the History of Rutland, Vermont"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA