High Plains Aquifer
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is groundwater management.
· Buddemeier, R.W. An Atlas of the Kansas High Plains Aquifer. Kansas Water Office. http://www.kgs.ku.edu/HighPlains/atlas/
· Kromm, David, and Stephen White, eds. Groundwater Exploitation in the High Plains. University Press of Kansas, 1992, 240 pp.
· Kromm, David, and Stephen White. Local Groundwater Management Effectiveness in the Colorado and Kansas Ogallala Region. Natural Resources Journal, Vol. 35, No. 2, Spring 1995, pp. 275-307.
· Kromm, David, and Stephen White. Who Should Manage the High Plains Aquifer? The Irrigator's Perspective. Water Resources Bulletin, Vol. 33, No. 4, August 1995, pp. 715-727.
· Opie, John. Ogallala: Water for a Dry Land. University of Nebraska Press, 2000, 475 pp.
· Sophocleous, Marios, ed. Perspectives on Sustainable Development of Water Resources in Kansas. Kansas Geological Survey, Bulletin 239, 239 pp.
"The Infography about the High Plains Aquifer"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA