The following sources are recommended by a lecturer whose research specialty is the management of archival resources.
· The Archivist's Toolkit. Archives Association of British Columbia. http://aabc.bc.ca/aabc/toolkit.html
· Ellis, Judith (ed). Keeping Archives. 2nd Edition. Thorpe, 1993.
· Ling, Ted. Solid, Safe, Secure: Building Archives Repositories in Australia. National Archives of Australia, 1998.
· Local History and Small Archives: Training Manuals. State Library of Queensland. http://fhr.slq.qld.gov.au/lhsa/tutorial.htm
· Wilstead, Thomas, and William Nolte. Managing Archival and Manuscript Repositories. Society of American Archivists, 1991.
· Yakel, Elizabeth. Starting an Archives. Society of American Archivists and Scarecrow Press, 1994.
· Applebaum, Barbara. A Guide to the Environmental Protection of Collections. Sound View Press, 1991.
· Cox, Richard J. Managing Institutional Archives: Foundational Principles and Practices. Greenwood Press, 1992.
· Cox, Richard J. Resources for Archival and Records Management Studies: Readings and Web Sites. http://www2.sis.pitt.edu/~rcox/RESOURCESPreface.htm
· Deiss, William A. Museum Archives: An Introduction. Society of American Archivists, 1988.
· Dorge, Valerie, and Sharon L. Jones (comps). Building an Emergency Plan: A Guide for Museums and Other Cultural Institutions. Getty Conservation Institute, 1999.
· Fox, Michael J., and Peter L. Wilkerson. Introduction to Archival Organization and Description. Getty Research Institute, 1999.
· Freeman-Finch, Elsie. Advocating Archives: An Introduction to Public Relations for Archivists. Society of American Archivists and Scarecrow Press. 1994.
· Garretson Swarzburg, Susan, and Holly Bussey. Libraries and Archives: Design and Renovation with a Preservation Perspective. Scarecrow Press. 1998.
· Ham, F. Gerald. Selecting and Appraising Archives and Manuscripts. Society of American Archivists, 1993.
· Maher, William J. The Management of College and University Archives. Society of American Archivists and Scarecrow Press, 2001.
· Miller, Frederick M. Arranging and Describing Archives and Manuscripts. Society of American Archivists, 1990.
· Phillips, Faye. Local History Collections in Libraries. Libraries Unlimited, 1995.
· Pugh, Mary Jo. Providing Reference Services for Archives and Manuscripts. Society of American Archivists, 1992.
· Ready, 'Net, Go! Archival Internet Resources. Special Collections Division, Tulane University Library. http://www.tulane.edu/%7Elmiller/ArchivesResources.html
· Tinkaus-Randall, Gregor. Protecting Your Collections: A Manual of Archival Security. Society of American Archivists, 1995.
· Turton, Alison (ed). Managing Business Archives. Butterworth-Heinemann, 1991.
· UNESCO Archives Portal: An International Gateway to Information for Archivists and Archive Users. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. http://www.unesco.org/cgi-bin/webworld/portal_archives/cgi/page.cgi?g=index.shtml
· Ward, Allan. A Manual of Sound Archive Administration. Gower, 1990.
"The Infography about Archives Administration"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA