Brazil -- Politics
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the politics of Brazil.
· Scott Mainwaring. Rethinking Party Systems in the Third Wave of Democratization: The Case of Brazil. Stanford University Press. 1999.
· Riordan Roett. Brazil: Politics in a Patrimonial Society. 5th edition. Allyn and Bacon. 1999.
· Alfred Stepan, ed. Democratizing Brazil: Problems of Transition and Consolidation. Oxford University Press. 1989.
· Thomas E. Skidmore. The Politics of Military Rule in Brazil, 1964-85. Oxford University Press. 1988.
· Alfred Stepan. The Military in Politics: Changing Patterns in Brazil. Princeton University Press. 1971.
· Thomas E. Skidmore. Politics in Brazil, 1930-64: An Experiment in Democracy. Oxford University Press. 1967.
-- Post-1989 --
· Peter Kingstone and Timothy Power, eds. Democratic Brazil: Actors, Institutions, and Processes. University of Pittsburgh Press. 2000.
· Barry Ames. The Deadlock of Democracy in Brazil. University of Michigan Press. 2000.
· Celina Souza. Constitutional Engineering in Brazil: The Politics of Federalism and Decentralization. Macmillan. 1997.
· Wendy Hunter. Eroding Military Influence in Brazil: Politicians against Soldiers. University of North Carolina Press. 1997.
· Ronald M. Schneider. Brazil: Culture and Politics in a New Industrial Powerhouse. Westview Press. 1996.
· Frances Hagopian. Traditional Politics and Regime Change in Brazil. Cambridge University Press. 1996.
· Leigh A. Payne. Brazilian Industrialists and Democratic Change. Johns Hopkins University Press. 1994.
· Margaret E. Keck. The Workers Party and Democratization in Brazil. Yale University Press. 1992.
· Ben Ross Schneider. Politics within the State: Elite Bureaucrats and Industrial Policy in Authoritarian Brazil. University of Pittsburgh Press. 1991.
· Ronald M. Schneider. "Order and Progress": A Political History of Brazil. Westview Press. 1991.
-- Pre-1990 --
· Scott Mainwaring. The Catholic Church and Politics in Brazil, 1916-1985. Stanford University Press. 1986.
· Wayne A. Selcher, ed. Political Liberalization in Brazil: Dynamics, Dilemmas, and Future Prospects. Westview Press. 1986.
· Peter McDonough. Power and Ideology in Brazil. Princeton University Press. 1981.
· Peter Flynn. Brazil: A Political Analysis. Westview Press. 1978.
· Kenneth Paul Erickson. The Brazilian Corporative State and Working-Class Politics. University of California Press. 1977.
· Thomas C. Bruneau. The Political Transformation of the Brazilian Catholic Church. Cambridge University Press.1974.
· Ronald M. Schneider. The Political System of Brazil: Emergence of a "Modernizing" Authoritarian Regime, 1964-1970. Columbia University Press. 1971.
"The Infography about Politics in Brazil"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA