Andersen, Joachim (1847-1909)
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Danish composer Joachim Andersen.
· Andersen, Joachim. The Royal Library -- Music Department --Joachim Andersen. The Royal Library, Copenhagen, Denmark. Extensive collection of Joachim Andersen's music. http://www.kb.dk/en/nb/samling/ma/digmus/jo_and.html
· Andersen, Joachim. Compositions for Flute and Piano. Music Division, New York Public Library for the Performing Arts. Largest public collection of first-edition copies of Joachim Andersen's music. http://catnyp.nypl.org/search/X?SEARCH=joachim+andersen&l=&m=&SORT=D&s=&p=&x=&Da=&Db=&searchscope=1&HISTORY=
· Andersen, Mrs. Joachim. Programs of approximately 2,400 orchestral concerts conducted by Joachim Andersen in Scheveningen, 1890-92, Lübeck, 1895, and Copenhagen, 1894-1909. Music Division, New York Public Library for the Performing Arts. http://catnyp.nypl.org/search/XJoachim+Andersen&SORT=D&searchscope=1/XJoachim+Andersen&SORT=D&searchscope=1/1,12,12,B/frameset&FF=XJoachim+Andersen&10,10,&SORT=D
· Dzapo, Kyle J. Joachim Andersen: A Bio-Bibliography. Greenwood Press, 1999.
· Fonville, John Winston. "A Pedagogical Approach to the Flute Etudes of Joachim Andersen." D.M. thesis, University of Illinois, 1981.
· Jacobus, Rhea Beth. "The Literature of the French Flute School, 1800-1880: Style Characteristics, Sociological Influences, and Pedagogical Applications." D.A. dissertation, Ball State University, 1990.
· Christiansen, Toke Lund. Morceaux pour la flute avec accompagnement de piano par Joachim Andersen. SteepleChase Productions, No. 32079, 1991.
· Dzapo, Kyle J. "Compositions from the Back of the Bar: Images of Joachim Andersen." The Flutist Quarterly, 26, No. 3 (2001), pp. 26-30.
· Hamilton, Amy. "Getting the Most out of Practicing Andersen Etudes." Flute Talk I, No.9 (May 1982), pp. 2-3.
· Kujala, Walfrid. "Andersen's Scherzino." Flute Talk I, No. 9 (May 1982), pp. 5-7.
· Nyfenger, Thomas. Music and the Flute. Privately published, 1989.
· Randalls, Jeremy. "Andersen's Expression Marks: The 24 Etudes, Op. 15." The Flutists Quarterly, 22, No. 3 (1997), pp. 30-31.
"The Infography about Joachim Andersen (1847-1909)"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA