Himalaya Mountain Region
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the environment, culture, and geography of the Himalaya Mountains.
· International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, based in Kathmandu, Nepal. http://www.icimod.org/home/
· Zurick, D., and P.P. Karan, 1999. Himalaya: Life on the Edge of the World. Johns Hopkins University Press.
· Fricke, T., 1994. Himalayan Households. Columbia University Press.
· Messerli, B., T. Hofer, and S. Wymann, 1993. Himalayan Environment: Pressure, Problems, Processes. University of Bern Publications.
· Ives, J.D., and M. Messerli, 1989. The Himalayan Dilemma. Routledge.
· Olschak, B., A. Gansser, and E. Buhrer, 1987. Himalayas. Facts on File Publications.
· Himalayan Research Bulletin, quarterly journal published by the Association for Nepal and Himalayan Studies.
· Denniston, D., 1995. High Priorities: Conserving Mountain Ecosystems and Cultures. Worldwatch Institute Paper No. 123.
· Lewis, T., and T. Riccardi, Jr., 1995. The Himalayas: A Syllabus of the Region's History, Anthropology and Religion. Association for Asian Studies Publication.
· Cameron, I., 1984. Mountains of the Gods: The Himalaya and the Mountains of Central Asia. Century.
"The Infography about the Himalaya Mountain Region"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA