Tennessee Valley Authority
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the Tennessee Valley Authority.
· Black, Brian. "Organic Planning: Ecology and Design in the Landscape of TVA," contained in Michel Conan, ed., Environmentalism in Landscape Architecture (Dumbarton Oaks, 2000).
· Creese, Walter L. TVA's Public Planning (University of Tennessee Press, 1990).
· Hargrove, Erwin C., and Paul K. Conkin, eds. TVA: Fifty Years of Grass-Roots Bureaucracy (University of Illinois Press, 1984).
· Lowitt, Richard. The New Deal and the West (University of Oklahoma Press, 1993).
· Tennessee Valley Authority History. http://www.tva.gov/heritage/hert_history.htm
-- FILM --
· The River, Pare Lorentz, Director, Farm Securities Administration, 1937.
· Hargrove, Erwin C. Prisoners of Myth: The Leadership of the Tennessee Valley Authority, 1933-1990. (University of Tennessee Press, 2001).
· Hughes, Thomas P. American Genesis: A Century of Invention and Technological Enthusiasm (Penguin, 1989).
· Nye, David E. Consuming Power: A Social History of American Energies (MIT Press, 1999).
"The Infography about the Tennessee Valley Authority"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA