Terrain Modeling -- Digital
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is terrain modeling.
· Gallant, J.C., and Wilson, J.P. 1996. "TAPES-G: A Grid-Based Terrain Analysis Program for the Environmental Sciences." Computers and Geosciences, Volume 22, Issue 7, pp. 713-22.
· Holmes, K.W., Chadwick, O.A., and Kyriakidis, P.C. 2000. "Error in a USGS 30-Meter Digital Elevation Model and Its Impact on Terrain Modeling." Journal of Hydrology, Volume 233, Issue 1, pp. 154-73.
· Li, Z., Zhu, Q., and Gold, C. 2004. Digital Terrain Modeling: Principles and Methodology. CRC Press.
· Moore, I.D., Grayson, R.B., and Ladson, A.R. 1991. "Digital Terrain Modelling: A Review of Hydrological, Geomorphological, and Biological Applications." Hydrological Processes, Volume 5, Issue 1, pp. 3-30.
· Moore, I.D., Lewis, A., and Gallant, J.C. 1993. "Terrain Properties: Estimation Methods and Scale Effects." Modelling Change in Environmental Systems, A.J. Jakeman, et al., editors, John Wiley and Sons, New York.
· Terrain Analysis System. School of Environment and Development, University of Manchester. TAS provides extensive tools for geomorphology and spatial hydrology. http://www.sed.manchester.ac.uk/geography/research/tas/
· Childs, J., ed. Free Digital Terrain Model (DTM) and Free Satellite Imagery Download Links. Terrainmap.com: Digital Elevation Modeling Journal. http://terrainmap.com/rm39.html
· Gessler, P.E., Chadwick, O.A., Chamran, F., Althouse, L., and Holmes, K. 2000. "Modeling Soil-Landscape and Ecosystem Properties Using Terrain Attributes." Soil Science Society of America Journal, Volume 64, Issue 6, pp. 2046-56. http://soil.scijournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/64/6/2046
· Graham, S.T., Famiglietti, J.S., and Maidment, D.R. 1999. "Five-Minute, 1/2°, and 1° Data Sets of Continental Watersheds and River Networks for Use in Regional and Global Hydrologic and Climate System Modeling Studies." Water Resources Research, Volume 35, Issue 2, pp. 583-87. http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/seg/cdroms/graham/graham/graham.htm
· Jenson, S.K., and Domingue, J.O. 1988. "Extracting Topographic Structure from Digital Elevation Data for Geographic Information System Analysis." Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, Volume 54, Issue 11, pp. 1593-1600.
· Marks, D., Dozier, J., and Frew, J. 1984. "Automated Basin Delineation from Digital Elevation Data." Geo-Processing, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp. 299-311.
· Massonnet, D., and Rabaute, T. 1993. "Radar Interferometry: Limits and Potential." IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Volume 31, Issue 2, pp. 455-64.
· Mitasova, H., and Hofierka, J. 1993. "Interpolation by Regularized Spline with Tension: II. Application to Terrain Modeling and Surface Geometry Analysis." Mathematical Geology, Volume 25, Issue 6, pp. 657-69. http://solimserver.geography.wisc.edu/axing/teaching/geog579/lectures/references/Mitasova_Curvature_mathematicalGeology_2_1993.pdf
· Nico, G., Rutigliano, P., Benedetto, C., and Vespe, F. 2005. "Terrain Modelling by Kinematical GPS Survey." Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences, Volume 5, Issue 2, pp. 293-99. http://overview.sref.org/1684-9981/nhess/2005-5-293
· Pike, R.J. 1998. Web Resources Compiled for Terrain Modeling. American Geophysical Union. http://www.agu.org/eos_elec/97260e.html
· Townsend, P.A., and Walsh, S.J. 1998. "Modeling Floodplain Inundation Using an Integrated GIS with Radar and Optical Remote Sensing." Geomorphology, Volume 21, Issue 3-4, pp. 295-312.
"The Infography about Digital Terrain Modeling"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA