The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the genetics of fisheries.
· Gharrett, A.J., W.W. Smoker, and R.R. Reisenbichler. 1999. Outbreeding depression in hybrids between odd- and even-broodyear pink salmon. Aquaculture 173:117-130.
· Herbinger, C.M., R.W. Doyle, E.R. Pitman, D. Paquet, K.A. Mesa, D.B. Morris, J.M. Wright, and D. Cook. 1995. DNA fingerprint based analysis of paternal and maternal effects on offspring growth and survival in communally reared rainbow trout. Aquaculture 137:245-256.
· Hershberger, W.K., J.M. Myers, R.N. Iwamoto, W.C. McCauley, and A.M. Saxton. 1990. Genetic changes in growth of coho salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch) in marine net-pens, produced by ten years of selection. Aquaculture 85:187-197.
· Kincaid, H.L. 1976. Effects of inbreeding on raibow trout populations. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 105:273-280.
· Mair, G.C., J.S. Abucay, D.O.F. Skibinski, T.A. Abella, and J.A. Beardmore. 1997. Genetic manipulation of sex ratio for the large-scale production of all-male tilapia Oreochromis niloticus. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 54:396-404.
· Tave, D. 1993. Genetics for fish hatchery managers, second edition. Van Nostrand Reinhold.
"The Infography about Fisheries Genetics"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA