Caddo Indians and Caddo Archaeology
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is Caddoan archaeology.
· John R. Swanton, Source Material on the History and Ethnology of the Caddoan Indians. Bulletin 132. Bureau of American Ethnology, Smithsonian Institution, 1942; University of Oklahoma Press, 1995.
· Timothy K. Perttula, Ann M. Early, Lois E. Albert, and Jeffrey Girard, Caddoan Bibliography: Archaeology and Bioarchaeology, Ethnohistory and Ethnography, and History. Technical Paper 10. Arkansas Archeological Survey, 1999.
· Cecile E. Carter, Caddo Indians: Where We Come From. University of Oklahoma Press, 1995.
· H.F. Gregory (ed.), The Southern Caddo: An Anthology. Garland Publishing, 1986.
· Caddoan Indians. Vol. 1, Don G. Wyckoff, The Caddoan Cultural Area: An Archaeological Perspective; Vol. 2, Robert W. Neuman, Historical Locations of Certain Caddoan Tribes, and C. Lange, A Report on Data Pertaining to the Caddo Treaty of July 1, 1835: The Historical and Anthropological Background and Aftermath; Vol. 3, Jack T. Hughes, Prehistory of the Caddoan-Speaking Tribes; Vol. 4, Helen Hornbeck Tanner, The Territory of the Caddo Tribe of Oklahoma. Garland Publishing, 1974.
· Viola B. Newkumet and Howard L. Meredith, Hasinai: A Traditional History of the Caddo Confederacy. Texas A&M University Press, 1988.
"The Infography about Caddo Indians and Caddo Archaeology"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA