The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Byzantine art.
· H.C. Evans and W.D. Wixom, eds. The Glory of Byzantium: Art and Culture of the Middle Byzantine Era, A.D. 843-1261 (New York Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1997)
· C. Mango, The Art of the Byzantine Empire 312-1453, (Medieval Academy Reprints for Teaching, 1986)
· H. Maguire, ed., Byzantine Court Culture from 829 to 1204 (Harvard University Press, 1997)
· H. Maguire, Rhetoric, Nature and Magic in Byzantine Art (Ashgate, 1998)
· L. Safran, ed. Heaven on Earth: Art and the Church in Byzantium (Pennsylvania State University Press, 1998; repr. 2000)
· Dumbarton Oaks Papers and other texts on line http://www.doaks.org/etexts.html
· Byzantine Architecture Project http://www.princeton.edu/~asce/const_95/const.html
"The Infography about Byzantine Art"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA