The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is proportional representation in democracies.
· Amy, Douglas J. Real Choices/New Voices: How Proportional Representation Elections Could Revitalize American Democracy. Columbia University Press, 2002.
· Barber, Kathleen. The Right to Representation: Proportional Election Systems for the 21st Century. Ohio State University Press, 2000.
· Powell, G. Bingham. Elections as a Tool of Democracy: Majoritarian and Proportional Visions. Yale University Press, 2000.
· PR Library: Readings in Proportional Representation. http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/polit/damy/prlib.htm
· Richie, Rob, Steven Hill, et al. Whose Vote Counts? Beacon Press, 2001.
· Rush, Mark E., and Richard L. Engstrom. Fair and Effective Representation? Debating Electoral Reform and Minority Rights. Rowman and Littlefield, 2001.
· Amy, Douglas. Behind the Ballot Box: A Citizen's Guide to Voting Systems. Praeger, 2000.
· Center for Voting and Democracy. http://www.fairvote.org/
· Electoral Reform Society. http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/
· Fairvote Canada. http://www.fairvotecanada.org/
· Farrell, David M. Electoral Systems: A Comparative Introduction. Palgrave Macmillan, 2001.
· Guinier, Lani. "The Task Ahead: Breathing New Life into American Democracy." Chapter Nine in Lift Every Voice: Turning a Civil Rights Setback into a New Vision of Social Justice, pp. 251-72. Simon and Schuster, 1998.
· Hill, Steven. Fixing Elections: The Failure of America's Winner-Take-All Politics. Routledge, 2002.
· Lijphart, Arend. Patterns of Democracy: Government Forms and Performance in Thirty-Six Countries. Yale University Press, 1999.
· Lind, Michael. "Alice Doesn't Vote Here Any More." Mother Jones 23, no. 2 (March-April 1998): 52-55.
· Rule, Wilma, and Joseph F. Zimmerman, eds. United States Electoral Systems: Their Impact on Women and Minorities. Greenwood Press, 1993.
· Shugart, Matthew Soberg, Martin P. Wattenberg, and Matthew P. Bishop, eds. Mixed-Member Electoral Systems: The Best of Both Worlds? Oxford University Press, 2003.
· Voting Counts: Electoral Reform for Canada. Law Commission of Canada, 2004. http://hdl.handle.net/10222/10265
"The Infography about Proportional Representation"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA