Menopause -- Complementary and Alternative Treatment
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is menopause.
· Kennton, Leslie. Passage to Power: The Natural Menopause Revolution. Hay House, 1998.
· Costlow, Judy, Maria Christina Lopez, and Mara Taub. Menopause: A Self-Care Manual. Santa Fe Health Education Project, 1989.
· Lark, Susan. The Menopause Self-Help Book: A Woman's Guide to Feeling Wonderful for the Second Half of Her Life. Diane Books Publishing, 1996.
· Northrup, Christian. The Wisdom of Menopause. Bantam Books, 2003.
· Weed, Susun S. New Menopausal Years the Wise Woman Way: Alternative Approaches for Women 30-90. Ash Tree Publishing, 2002. http://www.susunweed.com/
· Bolen, Jean Shinoda. Wise-Woman Archetype: Menopause As Initiation. Sounds True, 1994. Audio tape.
· Boylan, Kristi M. The Seven Sacred Rites of Menopause. Santa Monica Press, 2000.
· Tree Farm Communications has tape recorded a wide variety of herbalists and naturopaths -- including Cascade Anderson Geller, Tori Hudson, Amamda McQuade, Rosemary Gladstar, and Susun Weed -- talking about their favorite alternative remedies for women in the midst of menopause. Audio and video tapes. https://www.treefarmtapes.com/
· Blum, Jeanne. Woman, Heal Thyself. Tuttle Publishing, 1996.
· Wolfs, Honora Lee. Second Spring: A Guide to Healthy Menopause through Chinese Medicine. Blue Poppy Press, 1990.
· Sumrall, Amber, and Dena Taylor (eds). Women of the 14th Moon: Writing on Menopause. Crossing Press, 1991.
· Roth, Dick. No, It's Not Hot in Here: A Partner's Guide to Understanding Menopause. Gill and Macmillan, 2001.
· VanNostrand, Jillian, Christie Sarles, and Martha Copplestone. Wild Woman's Garden: 7 Radical Weeds for Women over 40. Radical Weeds, 1998. The book comes with seeds for planting.
· Menopause Metamorphosis. Ash Tree Publishing. Susun Weed is joined by 13 menopausal women; includes a Crone's Crowning Ceremony. 59-minute VHS video tape. http://www.AshTreePublishing.com/
· Straser, Robin. Menopause SOS: Sharing Options and Support. Self-produced. Six hours and forty minutes, VHS video tape set.
· Andrews, Lynn. Woman at the Edge of Two Worlds. Perennial, 1994. A supplemental workbook is available.
"The Infography about Complementary and Alternative Treatment for Menopause"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA