Lewis and Clark Expedition
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the Lewis and Clark expedition.
· Allen, John Logan. Passage through the Garden: Lewis and Clark and the Image of the American Northwest. University of Illinois Press, 1975; Dover Press, 1991.
· Ambrose, Stephen E. Undaunted Courage: Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, and the Opening of the American West. Simon and Schuster, 1996; 1997.
· Appleman, Roy E. Lewis and Clark: Historic Places Associated with the Transcontinental Exploration (1804-06). United States Department of the Interior, National Park Service, 1975; 1993.
· Cutright, Paul Russell. Lewis and Clark: Pioneering Naturalists. University of Oklahoma Press, 1976; University of Nebraska Press, 1989.
· Moulton, Gary E., ed. The Journals of the Lewis and Clark Expedition. 12 vols. to date. University of Nebraska Press, 1983- .
· Ronda, James P. Lewis and Clark among the Indians. University of Nebraska Press, 1984; 1988.
· Betts, Robert B. In Search of York: The Slave Who Went to the Pacific with Lewis and Clark. Associated University Press, 1985.
· Botkin, Daniel B. Our Natural History: The Lessons of Lewis and Clark. Grosset/Putnam, 1995; 1995.
· Burroughs, Raymond Darwin. The Natural History of the Lewis and Clark Expedition. Michigan State University Press, 1961; 1995.
· Chuinard, Eldon G. Only One Man Died: The Medical Aspects of the Lewis and Clark Expedition. Arthur H. Clark, 1979; Ye Galleon Press, 1998.
· Cutright, Paul Russell. A History of the Lewis and Clark Journals. University of Oklahoma Press, 1976; 2000.
· DeVoto, Bernard, ed. The Journals of Lewis and Clark. Houghton Mifflin, 1953; 1993.
· Duncan, Dayton, and Ken Burns. Lewis and Clark: The Journey of the Corps of Discovery, an Illustrated History. Alfred A. Knopf, 1997; 1999.
· Fifer, Barbara, and Vicky Soderberg. Along the Trail with Lewis and Clark. (Book published by) Montana Magazine, 1998.
· Jackson, Donald, ed. Letters of the Lewis and Clark Expedition with Related Documents, 1783-1854. 2d ed. 2 vols. University of Illinois Press, 1978.
· Plamondon, Martin, II. Lewis and Clark Trail Maps: A Cartographic Reconstruction. Washington State University Press, 2000.
"The Infography about the Lewis and Clark Expedition"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA