The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is cider.
· The Real Cider and Perry Page hhttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/scrumpy/cider/
· The Wittenham Hill Cider Portal http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/andrew_lea/
· Correnty, Paul. The Art of Cidermaking. Brewers Publications, 1995.
· Morgan, Joan, and Alison Richards. The Book of Apples. Ebury Press, 1993.
· Proulx, Annie, and Lew Nichols. Cider: Making, Using and Enjoying Sweet and Hard Cider. Storey, 1997.
· Watson, Ben. Cider, Hard and Sweet: History, Traditions, and Making Your Own. Countryman Press, 2003.
-- WEB SITES --
· Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) http://www.camra.org.uk/
· UK Cider Site http://www.ukcider.co.uk/wiki/
-- BOOKS --
· Beach, Spencer A. The Apples of New York. J.B. Lyon Co., 1905.
· Brown, John Hull. Early American Beverages. Bonanza Books, 1966.
· Brown, Sanborn C. Wines and Beers of Old New England. University Press of New England, 1978.
· Browning, Frank. Apples. North Point Press, 1998.
· Buell, J.S. The Cider Maker's Manual. Haas, Nauert and Co., 1874.
· Bultitude, John. Apples: A Guide to the Identification of International Varieties. University of Washington Press, 1983.
· Calhoun, Creighton Lee, Jr. Old Southern Apples. McDonald and Woodward, 1995.
· Coxe, William. A View of the Cultivation of Fruit Trees, and the Management of Orchards and Cider. Rockton, ON: Pomona Books, 1976. Facsimile reprint of 1817 edition published by M. Carey and Son.
· Downing, A.J. The Fruit and Fruit Trees of America. Wiley and Putname, 1845.
· French, R.K. The History and Virtues of Cyder. St. Martins Press, 1982.
· Hogg, Robert. The Apple and Its Varieties. Groombridge and Sons, 1851.
· Hogg, Robert, and H.G. Bull. Apples and Pears as Vintage Fruits. Jakeman and Carver, 1886.
· Janson, H. Frederic. Pomona's Harvest: An Illustrated Chronicle of Antiquarian Fruit Literature. Timber Press, 1996.
· Logsdon, Gene. Good Spirits: A New Look at Ol' Demon Alcohol. Chelsea Green, 1999.
· Orton, Vrest. The American Cider Book. North Point Press, 1995.
· Phillips, Michael. The Apple Grower: A Guide for the Organic Orchardist. Chelsea Green, 1998.
· Smith, Muriel W.G. National Apple Register of the United Kingdom. Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, 1971.
· Stilphen, George Albert. The Apples of Maine. Bolster's Mills Stilphen's Crooked River Farm, 1993.
· Taylor, H.V. The Apples of England. Crosby Lockwood and Son, 1936.
· Trowbridge, J.M. The Cider Maker's Handbook: A Complete Guide for Making and Keeping Pure Cider. Orange Judd, 1917.
· Turner, Ben. Farmhouse Wines and Ciders: Traditional Recipes. Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1986.
· Warcollier, Georges. The Principles and Practice of Cider-Making, trans. by V.L.S. Charley with Pamela M. Mumford. Leonard Hill Ltd., 1949. Translation of 3rd edition of La Ciderie (Paris: Bailliere et Fils, 1928).
· Whealy, Kent, and Steve Demuth, eds. Fruit, Berry and Nut Inventory, 2nd ed. Seed Saver Publications, 1993.
· Williams, R.R. An Introduction to Modern Cider Apple Production. Long Ashton Research Station, 1975.
· Yepsen, Roger. Apples. W.W. Norton, 1994.
"The Infography about Cider"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA