The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is clothing insulation.
· American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers. ASHRAE Handbook 2001: Fundamentals (Chapter 8: Thermal Comfort). American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers, 2001.
· Hollies, N.R.S., and Goldman, R.F. Clothing Comfort: Interaction of Thermal, Ventilation, Construction and Assessment Factors. Ann Arbor Science, 1977.
· McCullough, Elizabeth A. "Factors Affecting the Resistance to Heat Transfer Provided by Clothing," Journal of Thermal Biology, Vol. 18, No. 5 and 6, December 1993, pp. 405-407.
· McCullough, Elizabeth A., Jones, Byron W., and Huck, Janice. "A Comprehensive Data Base for Estimating Clothing Insulation," ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 91, Part 2, 1985, pp. 29-47.
· Mekjavic, I.B., Banister, E.W., and Morrison, M.B. (eds.). Environmental Ergonomics. Taylor and Francis, 1988.
· Parsons, K.C. Human Thermal Environments. Taylor and Francis, 1993.
· McCullough, Elizabeth A., and Hong, Sungae. "A Data Base for Determining the Decrease in Clothing Insulation Due to Body Motion," ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 100, Part 1, 1994, pp. 765-775.
· McCullough, Elizabeth A., Jones, Byron W., and Tamura, Teruko. "A Data Base for Determining the Evaporative Resistance of Clothing," ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 95, Part 2, 1989, pp. 316-328.
"The Infography about Clothing Insulation"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA